We´ve developed thorough knowledge and skills to better serve our Asian clients with their projects in Ecuador. This is why PBP is the first point of contact for most Asian companies entering the Ecuadorian market.
The Ecuador- Asia relationship has become stronger during the last decade, especially in strategic areas such as oil, gas and infrastructure.
We have built a close working relationship with Asian and international law firms based in the region. Members of our team have been seconded to law firms in the area. This expertise allows us to jointly advise Asian clients who invest in Ecuador and local clients interested in investing or trading with Asian companies.
Below are some of the most important transactions of our Asia Practice:
- We advised Sinohydro in the negotiation with the Ecuadorian Government of the terms for the construction of the, 2.000 million dollar, Coca-Codo Synclair hydroelectric project.
- We advised Harbin Electric International in its negotiation with the Ecuadorian government of the terms for the construction of the Minas San Francisco and Termoesmeraldas II energy projects.
- The firm advised CNPC and Sinopec on the 1.420 million dollar acquisition, though their Ecuadorian subsidiary Andes Petroleum, of the assets held by the Canadian company EnCana in Ecuador.
- We advised Huawei in tax and labor legal matters.
- We advised Hydrochina in the negotiation of the contract for the construction of the Delsitanisagua hydroelectric project.
- We advised Sinochem in relation to the acquisition of CRS Resources (Ecuador) LDC.
- We advised Daewoo in the acquisition of Santos CMI, a local leader of the construction and engineering sector for the oil and gas industry.