Banking, Finance and Insurance
Our extensive knowledge of the Ecuadorian financial sector, combined with our long-term relationships with high-end national and international clients, is a proof of our experience and commitment.
We advise private and multilateral banks, local and foreign companies, as well as the Ecuadorian State, in areas of negotiation, structuring, monitoring and legal consultations regarding financial and banking operations.
We are valued for our capacity to respond quickly and efficiently to legal requirements, as well as for our ability to interpret the business and our clients’ expectations.
Our banking and financing team is trained and experienced in finance, forming multidisciplinary teams that include taxation and regulation experts in specific sectors, in order to provide legal services of the highest quality according to the requirements of each transaction.
Our services include:
- Financing and credit agreements
- Loans to local financial and non-financial institutions
- Financing for the purchase of assets and infrastructure
- Structuring and restructuring of financial operations
- Financing of projects
- Derivatives (options, forwards, swaps and other derivatives)
- Investment funds
- Securities issuance (stock, obligations, securitizations and other securities)
- Structuring of business trusts (trusts and trust funds)
- Issues related to the Stock Market
- Insurance and reinsurance
- Banking litigation
- Regulatory issues and processes before local financial and insurance authorities
- Financial due diligence
- Establishment of guarantees
What they say about us
Latin Lawyer 250
“This area is led by Pablo Ortiz and Bruno Pineda, with extra muscle provided by seasoned banking specialist José Maria Rumazo. Pineda comes highly recommended by his clients who say he is ‘definitely one of the most knowledgeable corporate lawyers in Ecuador. He not only knows every corner of the Ecuadorean corporate system but also is creative and has an excellent perspective that balances safe and also effective solutions.’ In 2013 he helped oil joint venture Pardaliservices access a US$100 million loan from Banco Itaú. Diego Pérez-Ordóñez is also known to work on banking and finance matters.”
The Legal 500
“The ‘dedicated team’ provides ‘accurate and timely’ advice and ‘value for money’. Pablo Ortiz, Diego Pérez Ordóñez and Juan Manuel Marchán are key figures in the practice and the ‘professional’ Bruno Pineda is also recommended, as is associate Natalia Almeida”