We have a multidisciplinary approach to Antitrust and Competition matters. We integrate legal, economic and business aspects, providing solutions that are aligned with our clients’ business strategy.
PBP provides creative solutions with regard to competition, unfair competition, restrictive business practices, consumer protection and anti-dumping, specialising in due diligence in order to avoid risks.
We accompany our clients, from preemptive advice up to representation and defense during investigations and administrative and judicial proceedings.
Our team includes experts who worked or studied at U.S. or European universities and/or law firms, with an in-depth expertise in competition law.
Our services include:
- Assistance with local integration operations. Obtaining of authorization from the administrative authorities for local mergers and acquisitions.
- Assistance in Ecuador with multi-jurisdictional integrations. We work closely with law firms abroad in order to obtain authorizations from local authorities for global transactions.
- Support and representation in administrative investigations.
- Competition due diligence. Preventative analysis of business practices in order to align them with local legal requirements.
- Competition training for clients, and policy drafting.
- Advice on the design of access channels to market, supply, distribution and interaction with competitors.
- Representation and support in litigation and administrative proceedings before the competition authorities.
As a member of international networks of lawyers, PBP refers clients to top-ranked firms all around the world to advise or represent them in other jurisdictions.
Our recent experience includes:
- We advised Arca Continental and The Coca Cola Company in the acquisition of the Toni Group, a leader in Ecuador’s dairy sector. We obtained an authorization for the transaction from the Superintendence for Market Power Control.
- We advised Nutreco – a Dutch company that is a world leader in food concentrates – in its acquisition of Gisis S.A., a leader in the Ecuadorian sector of the market. We obtained the first authorization for a merger, granted by the new local competition authority (Superintendence for Market Power Control) – the first in Ecuador.
- We advised MetLife Inc. in the acquisition of Ecuadorian assets of BBVA (AFP Genesis). This was the second transaction approved by the new competition authority (Superintendence for Market Power Control).