Labor and Immigration
Our labor experts, with considerable experience in the sector and a thorough understanding of it, give our clients practical and efficient solutions that mitigate risk.
Ecuador has faced major changes and challenges in the workplace in recent years. New regulations have created new demands in the business sector, which require extensive knowledge of local law and its ramifications.
We advise Ecuadorian and foreign clients on labor, social security and immigration issues, including procedures for recruitment, visa consultancy and processing, the management of individual and collective relations, the legal implications of employment relations, the adoption of labor policies, and restructuring, among others.
- We work closely with our Tax Unit to provide integrated and personalized counsel, optimizing time and resources.
- We carry out due diligence processes to diagnose and remedy labor, social security and immigration contingencies.
- We represent our clients before the administrative authorities during labor and social security proceedings.
- We have extensive experience in handling labor disputes.
- We work closely with our Dispute Resolution unit in mediations or employment litigation.
- We advise on labor issues during restructuring, mergers and acquisitions.
What they say about us
The Legal 500
“Full-service firm Pérez Bustamante & Ponce provides excellent service with very good response times. Jorge Cevallos and Diego Palacios are the key partners in the labor area and professional associate Belén Jaramillo also displays excellent knowledge of labor laws and regulations. The firm’s multi-disciplinary approach enables the effective and comprehensive management of issues from day-to-day labor advisory through to employment related litigation; the team’s client list includes Perenco Ecuador, Panamerican Life, Whirpool and Agip Oil.”