Mergers and Acquisitions
At the forefront of structuring and executing mergers and acquisitions, we actively participate in multinational teams, in addition to working closely with international law firms.
Our solutions are practical and suitable strategies that maximize the value and reduce the legal risks of mergers and acquisitions. We build specific teams that integrate all the relevant legal areas for each case, thus optimizing time and resources.
With decades of experience and success in the mergers and acquisitions market, we represent strategic buyers, sellers, investment banks and investment funds in international transactions, acquisitions, joint ventures, the acquisition of assets, contracts for the sale of shares, shareholders’ agreements, due diligence processes, the completion of transactions and other complex corporate matters.
Some of our recent transactions
- Advising Arca Continental and The Coca Cola Company in their acquisition of Holding Tonicorp (Toni) – 2014
- Advising Penguin-Random House Mondadori in its acquisition of the local business Grupo Prisa – 2014
- Advising Metlife Inc. in its acquisition of the local assets of the Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) – 2013
- Advising Nutreco in its acquisition of Gisis, the first transaction authorized by the competition authority in Ecuador – 2013
- Advising Grupo Barrios in the sale of San Miguel Industrias – 2013
What they say about us
Chambers Latin America
“This large, full-service firm maintains its reputation as a consistent leader in the Ecuadorian corporate and commercial space. Sources point to PB&P’s strong commercial understanding, client relationships and cost benefit as real advantages of working with the firm.”
“The largest Ecuadorean firm in this list is widely considered to be a market leader and is regularly the first point of call for foreign companies requiring sophisticated advice for complex deals.”
The Legal 500
“The firm advises an impressive client portfolio on the structuring, negotiation and closing of transactions (including M&A, share sales, and asset disposals), and on the restructuring of public and private companies.”