+5932 382-7640 ext 7867
Javier’s practice is focused on individual and collective labor matters, including advisory services to and legal representation of clients in labor litigations, negotiation of collective contracts and collective disputes. He also has significant experience in corporate matters, transactions, administrative litigations, and data privacy.
Recent transactions include:
- Design and structuring of a Talent Acquisition for a multinational advertising company.
- Advice on and design of a new model for inclusion of small business owners forming part of the independent distribution network of a multinational food company into the social security system.
- Advice on labor matters to a leading multinational company in the battery market in connection with its consumer care division.
- Defense of a collective labor dispute for an international chemical producer.
- Part of the local legal advisory team on labor matters for the global merger of two multinational oil companies.
- Legal advice to one of Ecuador’s major banks in connection with the legal consequences of a tax amnesty in the sphere of labor.
- Legal advice regarding the relationship with the workers’ union in a multinational food company.
- Lecturer in matters related to Individual and Collective Labor Law.
- Vice President of the Human Capital Committee of the Ecuadorian-American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM).
- Catholic University of Ecuador (Attorney, 2005)
- Universidad de Valladolid, Spain (Diploma in Administrative Penalty Law, 2014).
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador (Master in Administrative Law, 2015).