Agribusiness, Consumer Markets and Retail, Manufacturing, Corporate
Andrés is part of our M&A team. His experience has led him to work on sophisticated transactions with international firms
Andrés is a member of the M&A team. He is admitted to practice in Spain, New York and Ecuador. He advises clients on local and international transactions, acquisitions, joint ventures, asset purchases, share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements and other complex corporate matters. He frequently works with foreign firms on multijurisdictional deals, including many of the largest and most complex operations that take place in the Ecuadorian market.
Andrés worked at Skadden Arps in New York, where he specialized in M&A, capital markets and finance, with a particular focus on Latin America. He was also a foreign associate at Uría Menendez in Madrid and Beijing.
His business-oriented approach and his PG Diploma in EU Competition Law from King’s College, London enable his work to extend to merger control issues related to M&A transactions.
Director Andres Brown Perez is “a creative lawyer with a strategic business vision,” according to a client, who goes on to add: “His in-depth legal knowledge allows him to handle transactional mandates.”
Chambers Latin America 2022 (Corporate & Commercial)
Andrés Brown-Pérez is highly active on cross-border deals, being triple-qualified in Spain and the US as well as Ecuador.
The Legal 500, 2021 (Corporate and M&A)
Andres Brown Perez receives ample praise from market sources, with one reporting: “He is an experienced and knowledgeable corporate lawyer with a very good vision of the market.” Another interviewee enthuses: “He is an excellent associate with a broad knowledge of cross-border M&A transactions.”
Chambers Latin America 2021 (Corporate & Commercial)
“Associate-to-watch Andres Brown Perez draws praise in the market, with one client claiming: “He does a very nice job of getting things co-ordinated and keeping everyone on the timeline. He is also very business-oriented.”
Chambers Latin America 2020 (Corporate & Commercial)
The Legal 500, 2019 (Corporate and M&A)
- Pérez Bustamante & Ponce (2011 – 2015; 2016 – present)
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, New York, U.S.A (2015 – 2016)
- Uría Menéndez, Beijing, China (2012)
- Uría Menéndez, Madrid, Spain (2010 – 2011)
- IESE Business School, Madrid, Spain (Undergraduate studies in Business Administration, 2009)
- Universidad de Navarra, Spain (Law Degree, 2010)
- Universidad de Navarra, Spain (Degree in Business Administration, 2010)
- King’s College London, England (Graduate Diploma in E.U. Competition Law, 2013)
- Universidad de los Hemisferios, Quito, Ecuador (Lawyer, 2014)
- Columbia Law School, U.S.A. (Master’s Degree in Law, LLM, 2015)
- New York
- Ecuador Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Madrid Bar Association
- Antidumping Guide: A Latin American Overview for Chinese Exporters. Uría Menéndez, chapter 12: pp.42-46, 2012.
- Outbound Investments into Latin America: A Pan-American Overview for Chinese Investors. Uría Menéndez, chapter Ecuador, 2012.
PBP Insights – Andrés Brown-Pérez