Agribusiness, Consumer Markets and Retail, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare, Manufacturing, Financial Institutions, Labor, Dispute Resolution
Belén is a member of our Labor team. She is noted for her expertise in the administrative area and labor litigation
Belén specializes in corporate labor law, with experience in administrative, labor and judicial matters. Her advice focuses on dispute prevention and labor relations management involving the administrative labor authority.
Her experience is supplemented by her specialization in administrative law and her experience as Regional Labor Director, which has allowed her to manage labor disputes with a broad perspective.
She also manages social security issues, offering clients comprehensive advice on prevention, commercial transactions and individual or collective disputes.
Senior associate Belen Jaramillo is lauded by a market source for her “vast experience in the labour arena.” Another interviewee says: “She is a very good labour lawyer with good expertise and a great reputation in the market.”
Chambers Latin America 2021 (Labour & Employment)
Belen Jaramillo is reported to be “very creative, providing practical solutions to difficult situations,” with another client agreeing: “She is always available, quick, up to date and assertive in her management.”
Chambers Latin America 2020 (Labour & Employment)
The Legal 500, 2019 (Labour and Employment)
“Associate-to-watch Belen Jaramillo frequently handles employment terminations and labour litigation for clients within the technology and life insurance spaces. She also has notable experience in the public sector.”
Chambers Latin America 2019 (Labour and Employment).
“According to interviewees, associate-to-watch Belen Jaramillo stands out for her “dedication and analytical capabilities in complex situations.” They add: “She stays in constant contact and completes all the requirements in an effective manner.””
Chambers Latin America 2018 (Labour and Employment).
The Legal 500 2018 (Labour and Employment).
- Pérez Bustamante & Ponce (2011 – present)
- Principal member of the Sectoral Commission for Setting Minimum Salaries for the Employer Sector, Ecuador (2011- present)
- Technical Director – Legal Counsel, Office of the Deputy Minister of Labor, Ministry of Labor Relations, Ecuador (2009-2011)
- Regional Labor Director of Quito, Ministry of Labor, Ecuador (2009)
- Acting Regional Director for Southern Ecuador, Ministry of Labor, Ecuador (2009)
- Universidad Internacional SEK, Quito, Ecuador (Lawyer, 2002)
- Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina (Diploma in Industrial Property, 2005)
- INCAE Business School Nicaragua, Costa Rica (Diploma in Business Administration for Attorneys, 2012)
- Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Quito, Ecuador (Specialization in Administrative Law, 2008)
- INIDEM Business Law School, Panama City, Panama (Master’s Degree in Law, LLM, 2016)
- Ecuador Bar Association
- International Bar Association
PBP Insights – Belén Jaramillo-Álvarez