Intellectual Property, Personal Data Protection, Education
Camila is part of our Intellectual Property and Personal Data Protection teams.
Camila specializes in intellectual property and personal data protection. She advises local and international clients on trademark portfolio management, trademark litigation strategy, patent protection and maintenance, creation and verification of personal data protection policies, use of personal data by companies and compliance with data protection rules.
Thanks to her experience at the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office and at the Ecuadorian Intellectual Property Institute (now the National Intellectual Rights Service), she is well-equipped to provide comprehensive advice on the protection and use of intellectual property.
She actively worked with the National Public Records Office (DINARDAP) to develop the preliminary draft of Ecuador´s Personal Data Protection Law, and she has been involved in the National Assembly´s specialist technical working sessions to review and discuss this preliminary draft.
The Legal 500, 2019 (Intellectual Property)
IP STARS, 2020
- Pérez Bustamante & Ponce (2017 – present)
- Intellectual Property Expert, Ecuadorian Intellectual Property Institute (2016 – 2017)
- Lawyer, ISERN Patentes & Marcas, Barcelona, Spain (2016)
- Universidad de las Américas, Quito, Ecuador (Lawyer, 2015)
- Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía, Barcelona, Spain (Master’s Degree in International Law, 2016)
- Ecuador Bar Association
- International Bar Association
PBP Insights – Camila Mateus-Villagómez