Electricity & Renewable Energy
PBP advises companies in the Electricity & Renewable Energy sector on power generation, distribution and transmission projects in Ecuador.
Our team of experts in energy, environmental, finance, labor and tax law provide specialist and coordinated multi-faceted advice to meet all the legal needs of our energy clients.
This focus on the electricity and renewable energy sector allows us to:
- Advise our clients from the preliminary stages of investment in Ecuador to maximize the benefits, incentives and preferential treatment available under Ecuadorian law for alternative energy such as solar, geothermal, wind, hydroelectric and wave power.
- Advise on and assist with obtaining operating licenses and permits and represent our clients in processes with energy regulators and other authorities.
- Advise on environmental legislation and informing local communities of energy projects.
- Advise overseers or constructors on construction activities for energy infrastructure works in Ecuador.
- In conjunction with our outstanding dispute resolution team, advise and represent our clients in energy mediation, litigation or arbitration proceedings.