Tax, Corporate, Education
José co-leads our tax practice.
José is a lawyer, commercial engineer and certified public accountant of Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador. He has 25 years of experience in the corporate environment with an emphasis on financial and tax advice.
He concentrates his practice in the field of tax and its implications in areas of law, with particular experience in the export, oil and mining sectors. He specializes in assessments by regulators and the subsequent challenge of these, as well as reviews of tax compliance, due diligence, closing and transfer of branch operations of foreign companies, and tax advice.
He has experience in challenges in mining-related lawsuits, transfer pricing, and the recovery of tax from the Ecuadorian State. He is also an experienced advisor on the preparation of model contracts and regulations related to the oil and mining industries.
The Legal 500, 2019 (Tax)
- Partner, Pérez Bustamante & Ponce (2019 – present)
- Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers Ecuador, Quito (2015 – 2019)
- Associate, Pérez Bustamante & Ponce (2003 – 2015)
- Audit and Tax Consultant at PricewaterhouseCoopers Ecuador, Quito (1995 – 2002)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, Quito (Commercial Engineer, 2004)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, Quito (Lawyer, 2012)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, Quito (Certified Public Accountant, 1998)
- Ecuadorian Tax Law Institute
- Ecuadorian Association of Certified Public Accountants
- International Bar Association
PBP Insights – José Proaño-Bustamante