Juan Francisco González
Compliance and Anti-Corruption, Dispute Resolution, Technology and Innovation, Energy and Natural Resources
Juan Francisco coordinates our Compliance and Anti-Corruption Area. He is known for his extensive experience in international and domestic arbitration
Juan Francisco is one of Ecuador’s most experienced lawyers in Corporate Compliance and Anti-Corruption. He specializes in the analysis, evaluation and prevention of risks regarding compliance with local laws, internal investigations and foreign statutes such as the FCPA and UK Bribery Act.
Juan Francisco also offers significant experience in international investment and commercial arbitration, as well as domestic commercial and civil arbitration with an emphasis on the energy and natural resources sector.
He worked at White & Case LLP in Washington as a Foreign Associate in the International Litigation Department.
He is also a regular speaker at local and international Compliance events.
Mentioned in Legal 500, 2018
The Legal 500 ( Litigation/Compliance)
- Pérez Bustamante & Ponce (2005 – present)
- Co-Professor, International Anti-Corruption Seminar, Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador (2017 – present)
- Secretary, Arbitral Tribunals of the Ecuadorian-American Chamber of Commerce, Quito (2010 – present)
- Professor of International Arbitration, Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador (2013 – present)
- Assistant Editor for Ecuador, Latin Arbitration Law (2010-2013)
- Professor of General Procedural Theory and Organic Procedural Law, Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador (2005 – 2009)
- International Attorney, White & Case LLP, International Litigation Area, Washington D.C., U.S.A. (2010)
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador (Lawyer and B.A. in Liberal Arts, 2003)
- Universidad de Salamanca, Spain (Postgraduate Course in Administrative Law, 2004)
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington D.C., U.S.A. (Master in International Legal Studies, LL.M., 2005)
- Academy of American and International Law, Dallas, U.S.A. (Course in United States Law and Comparative Law, 2008)
- Institute for U.S. Law, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. (International Compliance and Anticorruption, 2019)
- AENOR, Ecuador (Lead Auditor ISO 37001:2017 “Antibribery Management System”, 2019)
Spanish, English, Italian
- Ecuador Bar Association
- International Bar Association
PBP Insights – Juan Francisco González
PBP Website’s Main Developer