Public Procurement, Dispute Resolution, Education, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare, Environmental
Patricio Quevedo is a member of the dispute resolution team at PBP. He has wide experience advising clients in regulatory matters with sector authorities.
Patricio specializes in dispute resolution and regulatory affairs.
He advises and represents clients in local and international arbitration disputes, civil, commercial, and administrative litigations, and enforcing related court decisions. His advice focuses on the energy, food, mass consumption, infrastructure, medical services, and education industries, in contractual, non-contractual, and administrative litigation matters.
He represents clients on regulatory matters for the implementation of local market entry strategies, focused on identifying and obtaining the specific requirements of each area of the industry to operate in Ecuador and the effective performance of economic activities. He advises both established clients as well as domestic and foreign companies that are starting up in Ecuador.
In academia, he has been a professor of subjects related to economic and procedural law since 2017.
The Legal 500, 2021 (Dispute Resolution)
The Legal 500, 2019 (Dispute Resolution)
- Pérez, Bustamante & Ponce (2013 – present)
- Secretary, Arbitration and Mediation Center, Quito Chamber of Commerce, Ecuador (2016 – present)
- Director, International Center of Arbitration and Mediation ICAM (2012 – 2014)
- Legal Advisor, Industry and Production Chamber, Quito, Ecuador (2011 – 2013)
- Professor of Economic Law, Universidad de las Américas, Quito, Ecuador (2017 – 2018)
- Professor of Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods, Universidad de Las Américas, Quito, Ecuador (2018 – 2020)
- Professor of General Theory of Procedure, Universidad de Las Américas, Quito, Ecuador (2020 – 2021)
- Professor of Non-Criminal Proceedings, Universidad de Las Américas, Quito, Ecuador (2022 – present)
- Universidad de las Américas, Quito, Ecuador (Lawyer, 2011)
- University of California Berkeley, U.S.A. (Master’s Degree in Law, LL.M., 2016)
- University of California Berkeley, U.S.A. (Business Law Certificate, 2016)
- Ecuador Bar Association
- International Bar Association
PBP Insights – Patricio Quevedo Vergara