Dispute Resolution, Public Procurement, Compliance
Ricardo is part of our Dispute Resolution, Public Procurement and Compliance teams.
Ricardo specializes in public and regulatory law, dispute resolution and compliance, including public procurement, human rights and administrative law. He is experienced in litigation, arbitration and mediation.
As the Deputy Attorney General of the State, he represented the state in civil and constitutional lawsuits and arbitration. Ricardo also advised various public institutions on matters connected to mining, hydrocarbons, prior consultation and public procurement.
EAs the National Director of Human Rights he represented and was the principle agent of the state before the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, Inter-American Court of Human Rights and UN Committees.
During his time as Deputy Director of the Civil and Criminal departments at the Office of the Attorney General of the State, he was on the team that managed civil lawsuits for damages, pain and suffering and consumer protection, as well as administrative litigation. He has acted as an advisor at the Mediation Center of the Office of the Attorney General of the State in mediation between public and private entities.
Recognition by the Justice Commission of the National Assembly for having submitted and participated in observations to the Draft Organic Administrative Code
Justice Commission of the National Assembly (2017)
- Pérez Bustamante & Ponce (2019 – present)
- Director, Procedural Area, Paz Horowitz Abogados, Quito, Ecuador (2018 – 2019)
- Deputy Attorney General of the State, Office of the Attorney General of the State, Quito, Ecuador (2018)
- National Human Rights Director, Office of the Attorney General of the State, Quito, Ecuador (2015 – 2018)
- Litigation Supervising Attorney, Office of the Attorney General of the State, Quito, Ecuador (2008 – 2015)
- Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Quito, Ecuador (Advanced Specialist in Financial, Securities and Insurance Law, 2016)
- Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Quito, Ecuador (Advanced Specialist in Administrative Law, 2014)
- Universidad de las Américas, Quito, Ecuador (Lawyer, 2006)
- Ecuador Bar Association
- International Bar Association
PBP Insights – Ricardo Velasco-Cuesta