On July 13, 2020, through Resolution No. SCPM-DS-2020-27, the Superintendency for the Control of Market Power (SCPM) issued the Guidelines for filing e-documents, which repealed Resolution No. SCPM-DS-2020-16 of April 13. The purpose of the Guidelines is to simplify administrative processes through the implementation of an electronic channel for filing documents, which will allow citizens to have an additional option for accessing SCPM services. The Guidelines mainly establish:
- The creation of a virtual counter for filing documents from July 15, 2020, which will be active on working days and in accordance with the ordinary working hours of the SCPM, i.e. from 8:30am to 5:15pm.
- All e-documents addressed to the SCPM must have a valid electronic signature issued by a certifying body authorized by the Telecommunications Regulator (ARCOTEL).
- A valid e-mail address for receiving notifications must be provided in both the virtual counter and e-documents addressing the SCPM.
- E-documents addressed to the SCPM will be received in the virtual counter for filing e-documents, which can be accessed through the website: scpm.gob.ec.
- SCPM officials who receive and process documents filed through this channel are obligated to keep confidential the facts and information that may have come to their knowledge.
- To have a record of the e-documents in the paper file, the responsible administrative official will write a certification identifying the e-documents and will be responsible for keeping a magnetic backup of the digital documents, which must be kept up-to-date and attached to the paper file.